Let’s say you go to a major search engine and type in a keyword or phrase related to your product or service. What happens?
How about if you perform the search and add in your local area as part of your search criteria? Are you listed there? You’re not? Well, I am afraid to tell you that you are losing business like a sieve loses water.
If customers can’t find you for the terms and phrases related to your business, you are missing out on quite a lot high quality leads that could become customers for your business. Instead, they are probably going to your local competitors.
Let’s take a look at just a few statistics:
- On the Internet organic search drives 75%+ of all search traffic
- Google alone is handling about 100 billion searches per month
- Over 79% of North America’s population use the Internet
- 70% of people have used the Internet to find a local business in the last 12 months
- Younger consumers use the internet more frequently to find local businesses than older consumers
- 67% of local consumers have consulted online customer reviews of local businesses
Search Engines That Matter
As you can see Google dominates search engines with Bing and Yahoo following. It’s very likely you use one of these search engines daily. And it’s just as likely your customers and potential customers are doing the same.
The search stats tell the story: there’s a lot of searching going on.
It’s guaranteed that in almost a billion searches a day, someone is searching for your products and services. If they can’t find you, they are undoubtedly finding someone else. Why shouldn’t they find you? You’ve got a great service, right? Your products are worthy, aren’t they?
If you need help driving more business through Internet search engines, you should give us a call at 727-562-5161. We’ve helped lots of companies just like yours attract more business using this very powerful tool. But don’t get duped into believing it’s easy, cheap or magical. There are no magic bullets, though search engine marketing is one of the most powerful and most effective tools to have in your business arsenal.